Course Override Information

Do you need to request an override into a course, but are not sure where to go?

Below you will find our most up-to-date listing of override processes by academic college. 

  • Non-Degree, Transient, and Auditing students DO NOT have to request overrides into classes. The Office of the Registrar provides a blanket override for these populations.
    • EXCEPTION: Campus Restriction cannot be bypassed. 


  • Override approvals are not guaranteed.
  • Most departments will not grant overrides for closed courses.
  • Each department may have different procedures or criteria for granting overrides.
  • Once an override has been processed, it is your responsibility to register for the course.
  • If you must send an email to request an override, always be sure to include your name, student ID#, your major, the specific course you are requesting the override for, and a brief justification for the request in your message.

Bagwell College of Education

Coles College of Business

College of Architecture and Construction Management 

College of Computing and Software Engineering

College of Science and Mathematics

College of The Arts

Institute for Cybersecurity Workforce Development

  • For all overrides, email Please email rather than scheduling an advising appointment.

Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences

Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology

Wellstar College of Health and Human Services