Academic Advising at Kennesaw State
Academic advisors at KSU are here to guide you on your academic path from orientation to graduation! Advisors assist you in identifying and achieving your academic, career, and personal goals. They provide academic guidance in order to keep you on track for graduation and can help connect you to campus programs and services. You are assigned an academic advisor, or advising center, based on your intended major.
We encourage you to meet with your advisor at least once each semester. Advising is not registration! You should meet with your advisor prior to the date you register for classes so you can discuss the best plan for the upcoming semester and beyond.
You Should Visit Your Advisor When You
- are preparing to register for the next semester
- Students with fewer than 30 earned credit hours must meet with their advisor to have their advising hold removed
- All students are encouraged to meet with their advisor at least once a semester, prior to registration
- have questions about majors, minors, or certificate programs
- want to create an academic plan for your major
- are having academic difficulties
- have questions about the registration process
- would like to learn about academic policies and procedures
- have any other questions or concerns regarding your academic career
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com